Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I’ve been watching Joyce Meyer’s program the last couple mornings and she’s been preaching on, of all things, “The Mouth”, and how what we say can affect our lives. After all, the Lord did preach, in Matthew 12:34, the last part of the verse, it says, in the Amplified Version, “For out of the fullness (the overflow, the superabundance) of the heart, the mouth speaks.” Whatever is on the inside of us comes out of our mouths. If we have Jesus and the Holy Spirit living on the inside of us, they’ll be coming out of our mouths or should be coming out of our mouth, but if we’re living for the world or for ourselves, that’s what comes out of our mouths. That’s what Joyce has been preaching on the past couple of days and boy, does she hit hard, or the Lord hits hard because He’s the One Who told her to preach it. She says at the beginning of the programs that the Lord has been laying these hard-hitting sermons on her heart to preach and they’ll be a lot of people who don’t want to hear them because they’re not the ear-tickling sermons, they’re the kind that get to the heart of the matter where we get uncomfortable and want to leave or in my case, turn off the TV or my iPad, because I’m watching her on Facebook every morning. But, I’m not turning it off, because I need these hard-hitting sermons that dig deep into my soul, that make me sit up and take notice, because I know I say things I shouldn’t say at times. She made a very true statement today, “For it to come out of us, it has to be in us. Nothing reveals more about the real us than our words. We can learn so much about ourselves by listening to ourselves.” Since I have closed captioning on my iPad when I watch programming, I sometimes take down word for word what she says on her program so I get everything she says verbatim because the Lord really has a word in season when she preaches. She hits hard and like she says, if you don’t want to listen, there’s an off button on the TV or iPad. That’s true, there is, but I’m not shutting it off, I’m going to listen until it’s drilled into my soul and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment