Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I just finished my second course at Global University last week, on Acts, now I started my 3rd course which is the Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine, studying the 4 Core Doctrines of Christianity, which are Salvation through the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and His Dynamic Work in Spirit-filled Christians, Divine Healing as part of the Atonement, and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. I believe in all of these as a Christian and a Spirit-filled believer. As an Assembly of God minister, we have 16 Fundamental Truths, and these 4 Core Doctrines are in the Fundamental Truths, Salvation is #5, The Holy Spirit Baptism is #7, Divine Healing is #12, and the Second Coming or “Blessed Hope” is #13. But this course only covers 4 of the Fundamental Truths as the Core Doctrines. This course has already piqued my interest greatly as I study it. I’m only in the first Core Doctrine, Salvation, and it is just wonderful because it is covering the whole Bible so I’m not just reading one Book of the Bible like I did with Acts, or 4 Books, like I did with the Christ in the Synoptic Gospels, but this course is going all over the Bible. I just love that. Because sin came in the first Book of the Bible, Genesis, it starts there. It describes the different names for sin—transgression, iniquity, all the different names to describe how we have fallen away from the Lord in the Bible. This course is so interesting that it just blesses my soul. It’s not just for someone who is trying to get their ministerial papers, it’s for anyone who wants to know more about what they believe. It’s for any Christian, for any age. As I go along in this course, I’ll write more in my blog about it, but this course is a blessing. Thank the Lord for this course being written.

No comments:

Post a Comment